5.13.2010

running uphill.

someone i worked with interrogated me as to why i am the way i am, why i look the way i do, essentially why i am myself.

they implied that my life seemed an uphill struggle and from our conversation said they could tell it had been mostly that. they also couldn't believe i was doing what i do at my age, so spontaneously and "recklessly."

i think i have an answer.


some people are born with a flat meadow laid out before them, to stroll.
some, small hills to mount and rejoice.
others are given a path of boulders to stumble upon.
still others awaken to life to find peaks the size of everest staring them in the face.

i do not claim to know which of these i am, hardly. feelings and personal vendettas leave me far too unbiased to make such an assertion.

what is clear to me, is that it is not the path laid before an individual that determines the outcome of their existence and the mettle of their being, rather the method in which they approach it. seeking true success and happiness makes any path a running course, and any life a marathon.

some just have to run uphill.

1 comment: